MSc in Marketing and Digital Media is a postgraduate program designed to provide students with a deep understanding of the principles and practices of marketing, with a specific focus on the digital media landscape. The program is designed to help students develop the skills and knowledge they need to plan, execute, and evaluate successful digital media campaigns in today’s rapidly changing digital environment.
The program typically takes one to two years to complete and is usually comprised of coursework, exams, and a final project or thesis. Some programs may also include an internship or a practical component, giving students the opportunity to apply their learning in a real-world setting.
- Principles of Marketing: This course covers the fundamental principles of marketing, including consumer behavior, market research, product development, pricing, distribution, and promotion.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: This course focuses on developing digital marketing strategies, including how to use digital technologies to reach target audiences, build brand awareness, and drive conversions.
- Consumer Behavior: This course explores consumer behavior, including the motivations, attitudes, and decision-making processes of consumers, and how they relate to marketing.
- Market Research: This course covers the methods and techniques used to collect and analyze data to inform marketing decisions, including survey design, focus groups, and data analysis.
- Digital Advertising: This course covers the different types of digital advertising, including search engine marketing, display advertising, social media advertising, and mobile advertising.
- Social Media Marketing: This course covers the use of social media platforms to reach target audiences and build brand awareness, including the use of social media advertising and influencer marketing.
- Web Analytics: This course covers the use of web analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns, including website traffic, conversion rates, and customer engagement metrics.
- Mobile Marketing: This course covers the use of mobile technologies to reach target audiences and drive conversions, including the use of mobile apps, SMS marketing, and location-based marketing.
- E-commerce Marketing: This course covers the principles and practices of marketing in an e-commerce environment, including website design, search engine optimization, and customer acquisition strategies.
- Brand Management: This course covers the strategies and techniques used to build and manage brands, including brand identity, brand positioning, and brand communication.
- Integrated Marketing Communications: This course covers the integration of different marketing communication channels, including advertising, public relations, and sales promotion.
The program concludes with a final project or thesis, in which students have the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the concepts and principles they have learned and apply them to a real-world scenario. Upon completion of the program, students should have a solid understanding of the principles and practices of marketing, with a specific focus on the digital media landscape. They should be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, execute, and evaluate successful digital media campaigns, and be well-positioned for careers in digital marketing, media planning, or related fields.